What to expect?
Fuerteventura, the European Caribbean! Once the pickup has been completed, the boat awaits us in Playa Blanca, a small town located in the south of Lanzarote and a connection to Fuerteventura. After a short journey of about 30 minutes, we get offboard in the town of Corralejo, Fuerteventura. Corralejo is one of the main tourist centres of the island of Fuerteventura and it has extensive beaches of fine sand and more than 2,600 hectares of the Corralejo Natural Park.
From Corralejo, we head to one of the best farms of Aloe Vera on the island and where we stop to get to know the benefits of this plant. Aloe Vera is cultivated as a decorative plant for medicinal uses, cosmetics and even as food in some countries. Given the climatology of the island of Fuerteventura, this plant has found a paradise spice where to develop its magnificent healing properties.
We continue towards the south passing the sacred “mountain of Tindaya”, a place of adoration of the natives, located in the municipality of La Oliva to 6 km of the sea. The mountain of Tindaya is considered the most emblematic natural monument of the island of Fuerteventura. The geological interest of the mountain is characterized by the quality of the stone that constitutes it, trachyte of grey-light brown colour with a peculiar vein. It has also a special historical and archaeological interest because of the number of rock engravings it houses, more than 300 engravings with foot forms or paedomorphy.
Then we visit a traditional farm with cheeses and typical products of Fuerteventura, tasting goat cheeses, the animal symbol of the island. In Betancuria, the first capital of the island. Its name is due to the Norman Jean de Béthencourt who founded it in 1404, the valley of Betancuria was the first settlement of the island. We walk through its streets full of history and see its church. In the hermitage of Vega de Río Palmas is the image of Nuestra Señora de la Peña, patroness of Fuerteventura.
We continue by the Massif de Betancuria where we will enjoy its local fauna and its breath-taking views.
Our excursion continues through “Pájara” and “Antigua”, one of the most populated areas of the island before the conquest, to finally reach the Santa Inés Valley where you will have the possibility of having lunch *.
As a finishing touch, we stop at the “dunes of Corralejo” and its endless beaches that constitute one of the main attractions of the island of Fuerteventura, white sandy beaches and the largest dunes of the Canarian Archipelago. This is a must-have and promotional postcard of Fuerteventura.
The beaches of Corralejo have become an attractive spot for water sports such as surfing, kitesurfing, windsurfing and stand up paddle among many other water activities that people can enjoy during their stay in Fuerteventura. The beaches of Fuerteventura host the “Canarias Surf Film Festival”, a cultural and sporting event linked to this sport.
Once in the port of Corralejo, we take the catamaran back to Lanzarote.
*Lunch not included
- Transfer from Playa Blanca to Corralejo. – ORIGINAL PASSPORT / ID REQUIRED TO BOARD THE BOAT!
- Visit the Aloe Vera Farm.
- Visit a traditional Fuerteventura goat cheese farm.
- Stop in Betancuria (free time 25 mins approx).
- Mirador de los Reyes (Betancuria Valley).
- Stop for lunch in the Santa Inés Valley (lunch not included in the price of the excursion).
- We pass through Puerto del Rosario
- Stop at Dunas de Corralejo (20 – 25 mins.)
- Return by ferry to Playa Blanca.
During the booking process, we will ask you where you are staying so that we can confirm your pick-up point and time. A few days before the activity, you will receive a message with the details of your pick-up service.
This tour has pick-up points in the following tourist areas of Lanzarote:
- 07:45-08:05 hours: Costa Teguise.
- 08:10-08:15 hours: Arrecife.
- 08:15 hours: Playa Honda.
- 08:25-08:50 hours: Puerto del Carmen.
- 08:50-08:55 hours: Puerto Calero.
- 08:35-9:30 hours: Playa Blanca.
If you are in an area other than those described, you should go to the nearest meeting point on your own. Please tell us where you are staying and we will assign you the nearest meeting point.
Included in the price
- Tickets: Return ticket in Fred Olsen Express (Original Passport or ID required to board the ferry/catamaran. Failure to comply with this requirement leads to loss of money.)
- LUNCH NOT INCLUDED
- Suitable clothing and footwear according to season. In winter a sweater or light jacket is recommended.
- Free for babies under 2 years old