What to expect from this tour in the south of Lanzarote?
Would you like to visit the Timanfaya National Park on a route through the most outstanding places in the south of Lanzarote?
Our excursion invites you to discover the southern part of the island, where the last volcanic eruptions of Lanzarote took place in the 18th century and allows you to see and understand the impressive landscape they left behind.
The guided route through the south of Lanzarote will start in the direction of the Timanfaya National Park, commonly called “Montañas del Fuego“. Once there, we’ll take the Volcanoes Route, one of the essential activities on your visit to Lanzarote. The volcanic landscape offered by the Timanfaya area is truly spectacular as it reflects the mark of the eruptions of almost 300 years ago. We will have the opportunity to appreciate the geothermal demonstrations inside the National Park! If you wish, you can take a camel ride through the volcanic landscapes surrounding the Timanfaya National Park (not included in the price of the tour).
Our next destination will be La Geria, a wine region par excellence where some of the best wines of the Canary Islands with Denomination of Origin are produced. We will have the possibility to taste the local wine in one of the best wineries of the island.
After lunch in Yaiza (lunch not included in the price), we will set off for our last stops: the Golfo, with a visit to the Hervideros, one of the most interesting places on Lanzarote due to its unique characteristics. The guided route through the south of Lanzarote ends at the largest salt mine in the Canary Islands, Las Salinas de Janubio.
Itinerary of the route:
- Departure from Costa Teguise, Puerto del Carmen, Arrecife, Puerto Calero, Playa Honda and Playa Blanca
- Visit to Timanfaya National Park with the Volcanoes Route (optional camel ride)
- Visit to the wine region of La Geria with wine tasting included
- Lunch in Yaiza
- Visit to El Golfo
- Visit to Los Hervideros
- View of Las Salinas de Janubio
Included in the price
- Entrance to Timanfaya National Park, avoiding unnecessary queues and waiting at the ticket office
- Wine tasting
- Official tourist guide modern, fully air-conditioned bus
- Travel insurance.
- pick-up from hotel or nearest point
- Camel ride ticket
Pick up Service
During the booking process, we will request the name of your accommodation to confirm the proper pick-up time and meeting point. This information will appear on your purchase voucher.
This excursion includes collection points in the following tourist areas of Lanzarote:
- 08:45-09:05 hours: Costa Teguise.
- 09:10-09:15 hours: Arrecife.
- 09:15 hours: Playa Honda.
- 09:25-09:50 hours: Puerto del Carmen.
- 09:50-09:55: Puerto Calero.
- 09:20-10:05: Playa Blanca.
If your accommodation is not on this location’s list, the transfer service is not included, you must go on your own to the pick-up point. Please tell us where are you located and we will show you the closest meeting point.
Know before you book
It is recommendable to wear clothing and footwear appropriate to the season. In winter, a pullover or light jacket is recommended.
Children must be accompanied throughout the visit by an adult responsible for them.