What to expect from this tour in the south of Lanzarote?
Would you like to visit the Timanfaya National Park on a route through the most outstanding places in the south of Lanzarote?
Our excursion invites you to discover the southern part of the island, the place where the last volcanic eruptions of Lanzarote took place for six long years in the 18th century, and allows you to see and understand the impressive landscape they left behind.
The guided route through the south of Lanzarote will start in the direction of the Golf, you can walk down to “El Charco de los Clicos” (the green lagoon). The bay itself has an impressive cliff. It is here that Olivina, the beautiful green semi-precious stone, has been found in the rocks.
After this visit, we will go to Timanfaya National Park, commonly called “Montañas del Fuego” (Fire Mountains). Once there, we will do La Ruta de los Volcanes, one of the essential activities in your visit to Lanzarote. The volcanic landscape offered by the Timanfaya area is truly spectacular as it reflects the traces of the eruptions of almost 300 years ago. We will have the opportunity to appreciate the geothermal demonstrations inside the National Park! If you wish, you can take a camel ride through the volcanic landscapes surrounding the Timanfaya National Park (not included in the price of the excursion).
After lunch in Yaiza (lunch not included in the price), our next destination will be La Geria, a wine-growing area par excellence where some of the best wines of the Canary Islands with Denomination of Origin are produced. We will have the opportunity to taste the local wine in one of the best wineries on the island
Itinerary of the route:
- Departure from Costa Teguise, Puerto del Carmen, Arrecife, Puerto Calero, Playa Honda and Playa Blanca
- Visit to Timanfaya National Park with the Volcanoes Route (optional camel ride)
- Visit to the wine region of La Geria with wine tasting included
- Lunch in Yaiza
- Visit to El Golfo
Included in the price
- Entrance to Timanfaya National Park, avoiding unnecessary queues and waiting at the ticket office
- Wine tasting
- Official tourist guide modern, fully air-conditioned bus
- Travel insurance.
- pick-up from hotel or nearest point
- Camel ride ticket
Pick up Service
During the booking process, we will request the name of your accommodation to confirm the proper pick-up time and meeting point. This information will appear on your purchase voucher.
This excursion includes collection points in the following tourist areas of Lanzarote:
- 08:45-09:05 hours: Costa Teguise.
- 09:10-09:15 hours: Arrecife.
- 09:15 hours: Playa Honda.
- 09:25-09:50 hours: Puerto del Carmen.
- 09:50-09:55: Puerto Calero.
- 09:20-10:05: Playa Blanca.
If your accommodation is not on this location’s list, the transfer service is not included, you must go on your own to the pick-up point. Please tell us where are you located and we will show you the closest meeting point.
Know before you book
- It is recommendable to wear clothing and footwear appropriate to the season. In winter, a pullover or light jacket is recommended.
- Children must be accompanied throughout the visit by an adult responsible for them.
- For departures from Playa Blanca, this excursion is only available in English and German.