What to expect?
Crossing the town of Tamaraceite we will enter into the area called the Middle Mountain Region of Gran Canaria, a vast area that comprises several municipalities located at a height of between 600 to 1,500 meters. An amazing surprise for all our visitors for its greenery and crops, this beautiful landscape, very different from the one usually seen in the south of the island, will accompany us for a large part of the day. It is a region with important agricultural and livestock activity.
Our destination, the charming towns of Teror and San Mateo where on Sundays two traditional markets take place.
- Teror: Nice village with a careful old town area in which we find the Basilica of Nuestra Sra. del Pino patron saint of the Canary Islands deanery, as well as magnificent stately homes and palaces, built in a Canarian style, attest to the historical importance of this town.
Its Sunday street market with a great atmosphere combines local products with handicrafts, clothing and souvenirs. It is a pleasure to combine shopping and a walk through its pedestrian pretty streets
- Vega de San Mateo: A municipality with a strong agricultural and farming character where on Sundays takes place a very interesting market of local gastronomic products, fruits, vegetables, cheese, nuts, spices… A blast of smells and flavours that you can not miss, seasoned with musical performances inviting you to dance.
These two visits, together with the panoramic tour through the fertile Middle Mountain Region fields, make this excursion a gift for our senses. Enjoy with us a very special Sunday
During the booking process, we will request the name of your accommodation in order to confirm the proper pick-up time and meeting point. After a few days, you will receive a message with your pick-up details:
We have pick-up service included in the following areas:
- Playa del Inglés
- San Agustín
- Bahía Feliz
- Puerto Rico
- Puerto Mogán
If your accommodation is not at these locations, the transfer service it is not included and you must go on your own to one of our meeting points
Included in the price
- 7-hour guided bus tour
- Visit Teror town and its market: 90 minutes free time
- Visit San Mateo village and its market: 90 minutes free time
- Excellent panoramic views through all the amazing agricultural and farming green areas of the Gran Canaria Middle Mountain Region
- NOT INCLUDED: lunch
Know before you book
- Free for babies under 1 year old
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Don’t forget to bring a backpack for your buys
- We highly recommend bringing some kind of coat or windbreaker