What to expect?
Cooling down from the summer sun is a great way to enjoy the island of Mallorca and there is no better way to do it than in our sea cave adventure.
In this experience, we will go into the Cova des Coloms, located in an isolated beach 40 minutes away on foot along the coastal route. The walk has incredible panoramic views of the east coast of Mallorca. This cave is one of the only sea caves where you can swim here in Mallorca, making it unique.
The Cova des Coloms is hidden 300 meters from the coast, so we will have the opportunity to dive underwater to get into this magical cave. After a brief 300-metre swim to the entrance of the cave, we will go underground, where your experienced guide will guide you through this labyrinthine structure and underground lakes to the heart of this spelunking adventure. The “Wow” factor is so high that people come year after year for a touch of mystery, romance and adventure.
The stalagmites in sea caves are different from those in dry caves as the movement of the water affects both the formation and the mineral content of the formations. These changes leave a range of incredible red colours that shine like diamonds on the walls of this underground labyrinth.
You don’t have to have spelunked or gone to other caves before, as these vertical cave systems are a perfect introduction to the underground world of spelunking. There is no need to dive or snorkel underwater, so this is the perfect adventure for beginners, families and couples looking for a touch of romance.
The Sea Caves in Mallorca is a fantastic and unusual twist to add to your holiday
Know before you book
It is recommendable to bring water and a snack, sports shoes and medication if you need it.
During the booking process, we will ask you for your place of accommodation so that we can give you a pick-up point and time (usually at your hotel 30/45 min before the start of the activity).
- Pick-ups to all areas: includes pick-ups in Pollensa (meeting point Pa Nord), Pto Pollensa, Alcudia, Playa de Muro, Can Picafort. Cala Ratjada to S’Estany d’en Mas (Cala Romantica). Please call us for pick-ups from Cala d’Or to S’Estany d’en Mas (Cala Romantica) to see if we have other bookings we can put together. Palma area
Excludes: Magaluf to Paguera
DAYS: MONDAY, TUESDAY, AND FRIDAY
- Pick-up only Palma – Paguera: includes pick-up from Palma city (Melia Palma Bay) to Paguera. DAYS: WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY
If you don’t need a pick-up, go directly to:
- MEETING POINT at 10 am at the parking at Cala Romantica (Playa S’Estany den Mas)
Important: Pick-up from/to the cruise port of Palma is not possible.
Included in the price
- Guide and Insurance
- Transport (see Activity Description)
- Equipment (helmet, wetsuit)
- Professional shoes (extra fee to pay on the spot).