What to expect?
Our route takes place almost entirely on dirt tracks in 4×4 open-top Land Rover Defender chauffeur-driven vehicles for up to 6 people. The excursion lasts about 5 hours (north pick-up takes more than 6 hours in total).
We start our route along dirt tracks in the direction of Cofete, the entrance to the exceptional Jandía Natural Park, an area of more than 14,000 hectares of high ecological value and extensive environmental protection.
We will be able to contemplate its breathtaking landscape with a first stop at the Mirador de Cofete, to then descend to its small village and feel the force of the sea on its coastline, a wild and dangerous area not suitable for bathing.
From the beach, we can see the Old Villa Winter, a mansion built by a German engineer during the Second World War (1940). It is not clear why this imposing mansion was built in the middle of nowhere in an unproductive and inaccessible spot, which has given rise to stories, novels and legends that speak of a residence for high-ranking Nazi officials and subsequent refuge at the end of the war, spies, submarines and secret passages. …. We will not be able to access the interior of the villa, but its history will not leave you indifferent.
We continue to the area of the lighthouse of Punta Jandia and its “hill of love”, the southernmost point of the Canary Islands, where, weather permitting, we will stop in one of the beautiful coves nearby for a refreshing swim (+ or – 45 min).
Finally, we will pass by the viewpoint of Sotavento.
A very complete day to enjoy the landscapes that the Cofete area has to offer and to get to know this remote and majestic natural park!
During the booking process, we will request your accommodation to confirm the proper pick-up time and meeting point. This information will appear on your purchase voucher.
Start timetable of our pick-ups (approx.) & locations:
- Corralejo: 08:00
- Caleta de Fuste – El Castillo – Nuevo Horizonte: 08:30
- Bahía Playa: 08:40
- Playitas: 08:40
- Costa Calma: 08:45
- Esquinzo: 09:00
- Jandía: 09:15
If your accommodation is not on this locations list, the transfer service is not included, you must go on your own to the pick-up point. Please tell us where are you located and we will show you the closest meeting point.
Included in the price
- Professional guide
- Children and babies car seats
- NOT INCLUDED: lunch
Know before you book
- It is recommendable to wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring a swimsuit and towel, sunscreen and some water. Also in winter, it is recommended to take some warm clothes or windbreaks.
- Not suitable for persons with reduced mobility disabilities.
- Alcoholic beverages aboard jeeps are not allowed for safety reasons
- If you plan to do the activity with a baby, you must notify us at the same time you do the booking, in the order, we can make the prevision of the seat for your baby into the jeep
- Inform our GUESTS STAYING IN CORRALEJO that due to the great distance existing from this area of the north to the starting point of the activity, the round-trip transfers add a total of 2/3 hours to the duration of the excursion, and we do not recommend it for young children, from the mentioned area of Corralejo.