What to expect?
A guided 7-hour tour designed to discover with us the central upland area in a pleasant way. A beautiful excursion through the protected natural areas of the Roque Nublo, Pico de las Nieves or Bandama and also visiting the town of San Mateo and the charming Village of Teror.
Our guides are specialized professionals trained specifically to interact with the clients and customize the development of the tour, making each outing a unique and different experience. That’s why the groups are for a maximum of 18 people.
The route starts with a visit to the Caldera de Bandama, the last active volcano in Gran Canaria, a spectacular crater of 1 km in diameter and fantastic views over the northeast of the island. Next, we cross the Santa Brigida wine area and within the so-called Middle Mountain Region, having a look at the agricultural wealth of its environment and a surprisingly green landscape that will captivate us. After, a stop in San Mateo, to discover the town and the way of life of its inhabitants, (on Saturdays only you will enjoy with a traditional market).
Continuing up to the Pico de las Nieves, the highest place on the island (1,949 meters), the Roque Bentayga, Cruz de Tejeda and the Roque Nublo, an impressive monolith 80 meters high, a natural monument considered sacred by the ancient pre-Hispanic aboriginal inhabitants, whose symbolism has become to the actual icon of Gran Canaria
You will learn about the whole area through spectacular lookout points with exceptional views over valleys and ravines. Together with us, you will know the history, anecdotes, and peculiarities of this fascinating upland protected area, its unaltered landscapes, forests, and secondary roads.
Finally, a stop at the charming Villa de Teror to visit the Church of the Virgin of El Pino, patron saint of the island, and enjoy with free time enough to have lunch, (not included in the price), or to take a walk through its old town
A different and enjoyable tour to discover in a personalized way, the peaks and the Middle Mountain Region of Gran Canaria
Pick up service
We have a pick-up service included at Las Palmas City. During the booking process, we will request the name of your accommodation in order to confirm the proper pick-up time and meeting point. After a few days, you will receive a message with your pick-up details
- HOTEL BULL ASTORIA ( CALLE FERNANDO GUANARTEME 54) – 09.10HR
- HOTEL AC MARRIOT GRAN CANARIA (CALLE EDUARDO BENOT 3 ) – 09.20HR
- HOTEL CRISTINA BY TIGOTAN (CALLE GOMERA 6 ) – 09.30HR
- BUS STOP TOURIST BUS MONUMENTO ATIS TIRMA (CALLE LEON Y CASTILLO 227) – 09.37HR
- BUS STOP CENTRO INSULAR DEPORTES (AVDA. ALCALDE RAMIREZ BETHENCOURT) 09.40HR.
- MAIN ENTRANCE OF VEGUETA MARKET – 09.45HR.
If your accommodation is not at this location, the transfer service is not included and you must go on your own to our meeting point in Las Palmas.
What is included in the price?
- Professional expert guides
- Transport, pick up, and dropoff
- Guided visits to The Bandama Volcano, San Mateo (traditional street market on Saturdays), and Villa de Teror (visit to the Basilica of Nuestra Señora del Pino)
- Viewpoints of Roque Nublo, Pico de Las Nieves and Cruz de Tejeda.
- Lunch (an optional variety of menus is available)
- San Mateo Street Market on Wednesdays (only on Saturdays)
Know before you book
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- We recommend bringing sunscreen, a cap, and water
- During the winter season bring some kind of light coat or windbreaker
- The minimum age for children: is 6 years