What to expect?
This 7-hour guided tour is designed to share and learn with us the history and anecdotes of the places we will visit in an enjoyable way. Our guides are specialized professionals who are specifically trained to interact with our clients and interpret the development of the excursion, making each outing a unique and different experience. To achieve this, our groups are for a maximum of 18 people.
You will be amazed by the essence of Gran Canaria and you will get to know it in a pleasant way, in this unique guided tour.
We start the route heading north to visit Arucas, a small town famous for its large expanses of banana plantations and its production of sugar cane, considered “white gold” in past centuries. There we will walk through the old town and see the impressive neo-Gothic church of San Juan Bautista, one of the most emblematic buildings on the island.
Next, we will visit Firgas, a charming little village that we popularly defined as the municipality of water due to its 30-metre waterfall fountain located in one of the streets in the center.
On the way to the far northwest, we will appreciate the agricultural richness of the area, especially the banana, potato, and vegetable crops. Our next destination will be Agaete where an explosion of aromas, flavours and colours will flood our senses: fruit trees, coffee plantations, banana plantations, vineyards, and tropical fruits……. To experience it, nothing better than a guided visit to the La Laja estate and its Bodega Los Berrazales, (the only coffee producers on the island), a wonderful environment where we include the entrance fee, a coffee tasting, and a wine tasting.
Our last destination will be Puerto de la Nieves, a fishing village par excellence, where we will have free time for lunch (not included in the price) or a stroll at your leisure. Return to the hotel / Las Palmas at 17.00h (approx.).
During the booking process, we will request the name of your accommodation in order to confirm the proper pick-up time and meeting point. After a few days, you will receive a message with your pick-up details.
We only have a pick-up service included in LAS PALMAS CITY. If your accommodation is not at this location, the transfer service is not included and you must go on your own to our meeting point
- HOTEL BULL ASTORIA ( CALLE FERNANDO GUANARTEME 54) – 09.10HR
- HOTEL AC MARRIOT GRAN CANARIA (CALLE EDUARDO BENOT 3 ) – 09.20HR
- HOTEL CRISTINA BY TIGOTAN (CALLE GOMERA 6 ) – 09.30HR
- BUS STOP TOURIST BUS MONUMENTO ATIS TIRMA (CALLE LEON Y CASTILLO 227) – 09.37HR
- BUS STOP CENTRO INSULAR DEPORTES (AVDA. ALCALDE RAMIREZ BETHENCOURT) 09.40HR.
- MAIN GATE VEGUETA MARKET – 09.45HR.
Included in the price
- Professional expert guides
- Entrance, coffee, and wine tasting at Finca La Laja / Bodega Los Berrazales
- Guided vists to: Arucas, Firgas, Agaete, Puerto de Las Nieves…
- NOT INCLUDED: Lunch
Know before you book
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- We recommend bringing sunscreen, a cap and water
- During the winter season bring some kind of light coat or windbreaker
- Minimum age for children: 6 years
- Tour available on Fridays
- Approximate duration: 7,5 hrs.