What to expect?
Discover the jewels of Lanzarote on this excursion through the north!
Once the pick-up is finished and everyone is on board, we head to the north of Lanzarote to start our excursion.
We start our route through the north of Lanzarote visiting thewhere we will be able to take amazing pictures of the centre-north of the island and especially of the Chinijo Archipelago; you will see La Graciosa!
We continue on our way to the
Finally, we will also enjoy a , without a doubt, a sight not to be missed, before we go into the depths of the Earth.
We discover the volcanic nature, always present in the work of César Manrique, during a visit toThis work of César Manrique gives the sensation of entering the bowels of Mother Earth and leaves unique and unforgettable impressions on those who enter the Cueva de los Verdes. What makes this tunnel special is its natural origin, the result of lava flow caused by the
Our next visit takes us to the Jameos del Agua, the first work created by César Manrique and the inspiration for the following creations of the Lanzarote-born artist.
Theoriginate from the collapse of the roof of the volcanic tube through which the lava from the Corona Volcano flowed, creating a This tunnel is 6 km long, of which at least 1.5 km run under the Atlantic Ocean. Jameos del Agua is located in the part of the tunnel closest to the coast.
As soon as you enter and go down the stairs, the large ferns welcome you to the, in this unique Jameo there is a cafeteria full of charm that has managed to blend in with the surroundings. In it is important to highlight a (Munidopsis Polimorpha), which is characterised by being blind, albino and measuring less than one centimetre.
After climbing the staircase carved into the stone and admiring the garden wall that accompanies us, we can delight in the architectural ingenuity of César Manrique and the skylights surrounded by stones that are found in the ceiling of both rooms and that serve to unite both spaces.
Leaving behind the Jameo Grande, a much larger opening than the first one, in which aAll of this is surrounded by native flora, including the typical Canary Island palm trees and a wide variety of cacti. The rocks at the bottom of the pool turn this artificial space into a small ocean for the delight of visitors.
Behind the pool is the original: a stage located inside the volcanic tube where you can enjoy art in concerts and shows. The mixture of natural acoustics and soft lighting leaves no one indifferent.
*Please help us to protect your environment: it is strictly forbidden to throw coins or other objects into the inner lagoon or to swim.
- Entrance to Cueva de los Verdes
- Entrance to Jameos del Agua
- Official tour guide
- Modern and fully air-conditioned bus
- Travellers insurance.
- Pick up at the hotel or the closest point to it.
- Not included: Lunch
During the booking process, we will ask you for the name of your accommodation to confirm the pick-up time and the meeting point closest to the indicated location. This information will appear on your voucher.
This tour has pick-up points in the following tourist areas of Lanzarote:
- 08:45-09:05 hours: Costa Teguise // Arrival approx. 14:00 hours
- 09:10-09:15 hours: Arrecife // Arrival approx. 14:15 hours
- 09:15 hours: Playa Honda. // Arrival Approximate arrival time: 14:25
- 09:25-09:50 hours: Puerto del Carmen // Arrival Approximate arrival time: 14:30
- 09:50-09:55 hours: Puerto Calero // Arrival Approximate arrival time:14.45
- 07:50-08:50 hours: Playa Blanca // Arrival Approximate: 15:00
If your accommodation is not on this location’s list, the transfer service is not included, you must go on your own to the pick-up point. Please tell us where are you located and we will show you the closest meeting point.
Know before you book
- Accessibility: Not accessible in all scheduled visits. In the Cueva de Los Verdes, wheelchair access is practically impossible.
- Clothing: Appropriate clothing and footwear according to the season. In winter a pullover or light jacket is recommended.
- Minimum age: Children must be accompanied during the entire visit of an adult responsible for them.